9.23.2010

Wok On Wheels

About
123 E 1400 N - map it!
Wok On Wheels is located right next to the Little Caesars across from the mall. They've got an ad in the Aggies Coupon Book for a lunch special for $5.49 which included an entree, ham fried rice, egg roll, and a drink. A pretty good deal for any Chinese food lover. And they deliver for free with a $8 minimum order.


Menu
view menu!
They serve the basics you can find at any Americanized Chinese food place. Meat with veggies in a special sauce. Sweet and sour. Mongolian beef. Cache Valley's Tiny Spicy Chicken (I've been eating Chinese food all my life and I've never seen that one before). Everything is safe, there is more variety at mall food courts. If you have a favorite Americanized Chinese dish and don't care for anything hardcore Chinese, this will hit the spot.


Price Range
The price is decent for the amount of food you get for a lunch special. Everything is under $8 except for the family dinners. And a family dinner for two includes 2 entrees, egg rolls, fried won tons, ham fried rice, and fortunes cookies for $13.98, that can't be beat.

what beef with broccoli is supposed to look like
Verdict - 2 stars
I've eaten at this place once and never went back. I had Beef with Broccoli to-go and it was searing hot in one side and slightly cold on another- a sure sign of microwaving. The beef was sparse and mushy. It was a weird mushy where it felt like the beef just sat in water. Like fake, processed beef. The sauce that was on it was like duck sauce (that goopy red stuff meant for egg rolls). I asked the kid before I ordered it what it was and he said it was simply beef with broccoli in a sauce. Coming from an asian background that usually meant thinly sliced beef with pan fried broccoli in a dark teriyaki sauce with a bit of garlic. This had raw carrots in it, onions, bamboo shoots (which I love, but in this felt like a half hearted attempt to be Chinese), smushy broccoli caked in sauce, and of course that low quality beef. I tried eat the ham fried rice since I was so hungry but it was super bland- not fried and really dry. When I picked up a piece of ham for a closer look it had that grayish color and it smelled rancid. The ham in the ham fried rice had gone bad. That turned me way off and I will never go back there. This meal is so simple to make that I can't believe Wok on Wheels couldn't get it right. I probably should go back there one more time to make sure, but there is no excuse for rancid ham and microwaved food. Go to Panda Express, it delivers on quality and offers more authenticity. I love Panda Express and that will be my go-to Chinese in Cache Valley. Or I'll make it myself.

Wok On Wheels on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to go to see this web site and reading the views
of all mates concerning this article, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.



Check out my blog post snuggle chair

Anonymous said...

e cig reviews, electronic cigarettes, best electronic cigarette, e cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette reviews